PRIDE – Our aim is to build a community that incorporates our 5 core staff values in underlying the way in which we conduct our work and provide our services:
- Working in PARTNERSHIP with the people who live and work in the borough
- Making our services open and accessible so that everyone is listened to and treated with RESPECT
- Seeking INNOVATIVE approaches in order to provide better, more cost-effective services
- Promoting DIVERSITY and ensuring that we recognise and celebrate difference within the context of fairness and equality
- EMPOWERING everyone so that we can all ‘take part and take pride’ as active citizens and staff.
At the London Borough of Sutton, we pride ourselves on being a diverse, enterprising and people-focused local authority and we aim to create a workforce which reflects the community we serve, in line with our PRIDE values. We are committed to being an inclusive employer that celebrates and values the diversity of our workplace and borough. A place where you can be your best self at work, where you are listened to and supported to flourish and develop your career.
- We are passionate about everyone having the best opportunities and both understanding and valuing differences.
- We ensure that all employees are recruited, trained and promoted on the basis of ability, the requirements of the job and similar, objective criteria.
- We support all employees to take advantage of the opportunities for training and career development.
- We ensure that no applicant receives more or less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, nationality, colour, ethnic or national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident employer, and we are committed to thinking differently about disability and taking action to improve how we recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
Our staff networks give staff the opportunity to be a voice for change, to find support and to connect with colleagues across the Council. We actively work with our staff networks to continually improve our approaches, valuing their insight.
Sutton Council’s staff networks are open to all staff – whether you directly associate with the group or are an ally. They offer colleagues a supportive environment in which to raise concerns and work together for change.
These networks include:
- Black, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) +allies network
- Women’s +allies network
- Disability +allies Network
- Family & Carers +allies network
- LGBTQ+ +allies network
- Youth +allies network
All are welcome to take part in these fully inclusive networks.